Our mission is to be Vermont's most resilient community by sustainability of our resources and utilities - electricity, drinking water & wastewater.
Always seeking to foster a resilient and forward-thinking community, the Village of Hyde Park was first in Vermont to use electricity for heating in 1899. Today, we continue to make wise investments in infrastructure to support our citizens.
Hyde Park Electric
From energizing street lights in 1895, Hyde Park Electric grew beyond the Village to extend electric service to North Hyde Park and a small part of Johnson.
In 2015, Hyde Park Electric purchased 3-phase distribution lines, equipment and a substation site from Green Mountain Power. The sale allowed GMP to abandon the substation and service to customers located far from its service territory. The purchase provided Hyde Park Electric additional 3-phase lines and customers within its service territory.
In 2016, Vermont's Renewable Energy Standard led to Hyde Park Solar, Waterhouse Project, which is 100% owned by the Village of Hyde Park to provide electricity to all Hyde Park Electric customers.
Hyde Park Water
In 2020, new water mains replace those installed in 1910 and Village fire hydrants were replaced. This new infrastructure provides for adequate fire flow in order for Village hydrants to be used by the Hyde Park Fire Department.
Hyde Park Wastewater
In 2020, leach field #2 was replaced and field #2 improved.
Adopted unanimously at the May 2014 Village Annual Meeting.
"Shall a community resiliency program be created for the purpose of promoting locally generated electricity by the strategic installation of solar energy generation for use by Hyde Park Electric and promoting efficient electric technologies, which program shall be funded through a combination of grant awards, private investments, borrowing and Electric Department revenue."